Monday 23 August 2010

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

I've got that back to school feeling. Not surprising, I suppose; after the initial boost at getting home, being surrounded by my own stuff again, and being a little more in control of my own destiny, it's hit me that my 7 week vacation is over and now that Husband has gone back to work and there are no grandparents around to help take the strain, it's just me and the Boys.

The Boys, and me.

Oh, and the great pile of papers that has built up over the summer and which - once we finally get round to buying a filing cabinet - needs to be stowed away before I go MAD with the clutter... I can't believe we've managed without proper storage for it all in the 6 months since we got here, but I suppose the extra wide window sills in our Russian dacha had to be used for something. Having said that, I discovered on our return that Husband has now filled the available window space downstairs and co-opted the ones in our bedroom as additional filing space, and whilst I'm no feng-shui disciple, enough is enough. A filing cabinet it must be, and fast.

There's something about imposing a little order on the administrative crap in our lives, isn't there? Which is perhaps why I've been drawn to this British Mummy Blogger of the Week. TheImperfectionist - who's tag line is 'ticking one item off the to-do list... and adding four more on the bottom' - writes of herself that she is:

'Organising a family and realising that I'm not Mary Poppins, tragically.'

I love her recent post on entertaining the imperfect way, and foresee many happy hours using the weird converter on snowy afternoons when they start in here, sometime around the end of September, probably...

For the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: it says 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too...)




3 comments:

  1. You've taken down that photo of you on the grey stripey sofa. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imperfectionist, my pleasure.

    Iota - I can always send you a copy...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...