Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Gallery Wk 36: Black & White

OK, I'm late with this - but better late than never, which is where I've been on the last few of Tara's Gallery prompts.

This week she's requested that our photo's be themed 'Black & White', and whilst I would love to be able to use a suitably moody shot I'd taken in black and white, I'm not that organised, and in fact, I don't think it's necessary when I have the one below. Admittedly, the photo I've chosen to use here has already appeared once on this blog - only a couple of days back, in fact - but I think it works. The colours are - more or less - black and white, but the black and white of nature at this time of year rather than the black or white of a photograph...




5 comments:

  1. A timely reminder of what is threatened to hit us this week, although no doubt you're already under snow! I've just read something in the paper about lost cars in Russia being called snowdrops, for their habit of emerging unexpectedly in spring. (Yesterday's leader in the Guardian if you want to see)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GPM (for the pointer and your comment!), and I have to admit that our snow all disappeared last night in what is now sleet. Still - I don't doubt it will be back soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic picture. I think it represents the colours of the season quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only we were as well prepared for snow as the Russians!! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - and there was me waiting to scroll down and see a zebra!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...