Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Gallery: Green

The prompt for Tara's Gallery this week was 'Green'. (Click here to see all the other wonderful entries).

Now, the snow has gone - finally - in Moscow, and the grass is growing, but I have to be honest, there isn't much in the way of green and growing things to show you just yet. Ask me to show you 'Green' next week and I expect it to be a whole different story, but right now? Not so much.

Instead then, here are two photographs I took recently on a trip to a city about 200km north of Moscow called Rostov Veliky (trans; Rostov The Great, as opposed to Rostov the not-so-great which I'm assured exists a little further away). The Kremlin there (for oh yes, Red Square doesn't have the monopoly on that word; it means 'fortress') is old and beautiful, but I'm not going to show you that this time around (been there, done that, for Silent Sunday).

So here are a couple of details - green, obviously - that caught my eye elsewhere in the town...

A tile on the side of a building, just because...




















And this is where the old window frames which I photographed in glorious situ last September, go to to die... (or, to be sold on to gullible Muscovites at vastly inflated prices. Whichever happens first.)
















14 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always lovely! Great variation of the green theme! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Love the window frames. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this 'outside the box' submission to the gallery - thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are of stunning objects, I'd love one of those frames; they are gorgeous. Can you imagine one in a dividing garden fence?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo's. I do like that tile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great variation of the green theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, especially like the tile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those window frames. Can you imagine the prices they'd go for in London!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I want one, those frames are stunning. Couldn't find anything like that in Lanzarote, or Norway for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now look here after all these comments about wanting those window frames maybe you should set up business - I want one too for my bathroom...no I have no idea why just because, like the tile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous window frames. It's a shame that they have to go to die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photo's, hoe decorative the frames are out there. Glad the snow has gone also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your snow is disappearing I was so surprised to see so much of it when I was the at the end of March

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these pictures. I love how the green jumps out of the shot

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...