Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Gallery, Wk 73; Shoes

This post is for week 73 of The Gallery - click here to see all the other entries, and this week's theme is 'Shoes'.

When I saw this prompt, my first thought was to put up a post about walking in another man's - or woman's - shoes. I do have a picture that fits, but then I changed my mind, mainly because I recently bought myself some new shoes in the sales back in the UK, and well, if a girl can't show off her new shoes on her blog, where can she?

I love shoes. Or rather, I love the idea of shoes; I don't actually possess that many pairs because I'm not good at shopping. That being said, some of the most expensive items in my wardrobe are for my feet. The ones below aren't in that category, however, but I love them all the same, mainly because I'm a closet bling worshipper. I don't have much shiny-shiny stuff, I'm not that confident, but I do like to look at it on others. And every now and again, I buy an item that allows me to include something burnished and/or metallic in what I'm wearing, without sending me over the edge into fantastic Beyonce-ness.

These shoes, ladies, are my Autumn homage to a very understated bling-tastic look. I wear them with skinny jeans and in my misguided 44 year old mind, the colour on it's own lifts what I'm wearing from dowdy school-run mum to someone who might, once upon a time, have been a bit funky.



















They're not that comfortable, mind you. But I suspect that excessive wear will soon sort that out...

3 comments:

  1. Liking your take on bling! Perfect for the school run :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear that I read this after choosing the theme of walking in someone else's shoes.
    I think you and I share age and a wish to return to a funky youth and soon

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...