Monday 23 January 2012

Just a small request...

In the last seven days I have...

  • Unwittingly started a revolution in food safety procedures at our school's cafeteria. This was a direct result of giving one of my children a chocolate chip cookie purchased from there only to discover - via a race to the medical office where they hold our anti-histmanines and a thankfully still un-used eip-pen - that the chocolate chips were, in fact nuts. (The helpful member of staff responsible for making the cookies in the cafeteria kitchen decided to substitute the chocolate chips they had run out of with nuts - without actually telling anyone.)
  • Collected the same child, on a different day, from school, to be warned by his teacher that she thought he was a little 'under the weather'. We got home, where he proceeded throw up spectacularly all over the kitchen floor. This did not phase me however, since I was just thanking my lucky stars that we had got out of the car 4 minutes earlier and he had taken his snow suit off 2 minutes earlier. Let's see; sick on the lino, or all over the inside of the car, my son, and his brother? Call me glass half-full, but I know which I prefer...
  • Rushed to hospital with the other child (have you noticed how they hate to be upstaged by their siblings?) after he had a major collision while sledging on an ice run and needed 5 stitches just above one eye.


So, if anyone up there is listening, can we have a slightly calmer week this time around, please?


8 comments:

  1. Blimey, what a week. I really hope this one goes better for you!

    Mya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray HE is listening...what a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crumbs.. reach for the wine/vodka/both.

    BM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mya!

    TW, me too...

    Iota - aaaargh indeed.

    BM - was thinking chocolate, actually. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds appalling. Hope it gets better - and enjoy that chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's enough medical excitement for 2012.

    What you need is Green and Blacks excitement.. much more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope this is it for the rest of 2012 and it will be smooth sailing from here on out...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...