Wednesday 1 February 2012

Flowers, made of frost. No - really.

Well, what do you know? It turns out that there are some things I will not do for this blog. Namely, going cross country skiing when the thermometer reads -24degC (that's -11degF) in order to take a photograph of myself with frost-covered hair to put up on here.

How do I know you get frost on your hair at this temperature, you may ask? Well, I went skiing on Tuesday at a tropical -20degC (-4degF) when I didn't think of taking a photo of how I'm going to look when I'm old and grey until after I had already reached home and thawed myself out.

But what I did take a photo of, was this. Frost flowers blooming on the surface of the same hole in the ice I jumped into last March, when it was an altogether balmier -8degC.




















How lucky am I, that I get the opportunities to take this sort of photo?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. But then again, how lucky am I getting to look at that picture, whilst at the same time sitting by a roaring fire? I'm very much a fair weatehr photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...