Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Gallery; Picture Postcard

This post is for Week 100 of Tara's Gallery; click here to see all the other great entries.

The prompt for this week's Gallery was 'Picture Postcard' as in; the photo you have that you would like to see made into a postcard.  What with my self-imposed ban on posting photographs of members of my family online, I'm reduced to choosing my entry this week from more situational shots.  Except, that isn't quite right.  'Reduced' gives the impression I don't have much to choose from, but Moscow is a city full of photo opportunities, from the grandeur of the onion domes on the churches and cathedrals, to the imposing splendour of Stalin's Seven Sisters, and the sheer bustle of living alongside 15 million people.  Frankly, I wasn't sure where to start.

So I went back to my current favourite photographic hunting ground; the Moscow Metro.  I took this one on Monday.  I quite like it; what do you think?  (Click to enlarge)



8 comments:

  1. I bet Russia is a wonderland for photography, indoors and out. And I personally love it when you post photos of the place on your blog. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an incredible picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo. It really does look like a postcard. Perhaps you should start your own Moscow art gallery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make a very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool picture - very evocative. If it was shown at the beginning of a film you could imagine you were going off on the most amazing adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks even better in B&W than it would in colour. Stunning shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SES - be careful what you wish for!

    Susan, thankyou.

    NVG - funny you should mention that...

    LB, I'm hoping! (Although have you seen the other entries? Am not holding my breath)

    Cheetah, well obviously it's an amazing adventure every time you take the Moscow Metro (ahem)(May not actually be true)

    Pippa, me too - it picks out the architectural details better. Hope husband agrees as it's just made it onto our wall (in his absence)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like this photo, love the curvy lines x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...