Monday 25 March 2013

I am never sick...

... well, not really.  I'm foolishly proud of something that is quite frankly beyond my control; I have no doubt that if I took the metro in the rush hour every morning, or worked in a crowded office, or had a more hectic social life than I do, I would pick up way more bugs.

But at the moment, I am sick.  I blame my children.  Well - why have them if every now and again you can't use them as an excuse for feeling a bit crap when you pick up a touch of some lergy or other?

If I had the energy to find a 'gone fishing' sign to paste into this post, I would, but for now I'll just say that it's nothing serious and I'll be back soon.

And that that is the last time you will hear me say 'I am never sick'.  (Way to jinx yourself, PM).

5 comments:

  1. Oh no. I had some bug last week and I tell you, I was livid. Now I have a 9 year old coughing and spluttering not ten feet from me, so it's only a matter of time.
    Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. There is nothing worse than feeling sick (well perhaps getting your arm stuck in a wood chipper would be worse but at least it would be short lived)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My OH and I are 'never sick' as well. Until this February we both came down with a really rotten flu that lasted weeks. Actually it was several different ones we think. He's a Dr and he got some figures recently and both UK and worldwide the respiratory diseases are much higher this year than for a long time. Ugh. Get better. Rest, hot showers and hot toddies! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still sick? :( Sending Spring vibes from London. There have been actual rays of sunshine today. Woohoo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou EPM. Hope you dodged the bullet!

    Melissa, thanks. Although perhaps not for the wood chipper image ;)

    Michelle, sorry to hear that - and not surprised things are worse this year than usual - at least here; the weather has been awful. hardly condusive to a healthy immune system!

    MM, yes, annonyingly still sick. And we had + temps yesterday, along with sunshine. Don't get carried away though - snow and minus again today...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...